Market Lavington Museum
Name of volunteer ……………………….
We really value our volunteers and the work they do, and will do the best we can to make volunteer experience with us enjoyable and rewarding. This Volunteer Agreement describes the arrangement between the Market Lavington Museum and you.
The Market Lavington Museum is a volunteer-run body formed in the 1984. It is a Charitable Trust (registered in England No.293631). Its purpose is to to collect, safeguard and make accessible objects and documents in order to provide a record of all aspects of life in the parishes of Market Lavington village and Easterton, enabling people to explore its collection for inspiration, learning and enjoyment.
It is based at Behind the Church, Market Lavington.
Your role as a volunteer is to help us to run our Trust by carrying out agreed activities to help the Trust in its overall operation.
Induction and training
· We will provide induction on the work of Market Lavington Museum, the people involved, your volunteering role and the training you need to meet the responsibilities of this role.
Supervision, support and flexibility
· We will explain the standards we would like to achieve and encourage and support all our volunteers to achieve and maintain them.
· We will provide a named person who can meet with you to discuss your volunteering and any successes and problems.
· We will do our best to help you develop your volunteering role with us.
Health and safety
· We will provide any relevant training and feedback in support of our health and safety policy.
· We will ensure that all volunteers are dealt with in accordance with the policies stated within the Equality Act 2010 (relating to age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity).
· We will try to resolve fairly any problems, grievances and difficulties you may have while you volunteer with us and in the event of an unresolved problem will meet to discuss the issues.
We expect you:
· To help Market Lavington Museum carry out its activities;
· To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability;
· To follow the organisation’s policies, procedures and standards;
· To meet time commitments and to give reasonable notice if you are not able to attend so other arrangements can be made when this is not possible.
Signed (on behalf of Market Lavington Museum) Date
This agreement is binding in honour only, is not intended to be a legally binding contract between us and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intend any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.