Market Lavington Museum

A frame saw


In A Saw Display at Market Lavington Museum we have this large frame saw.

Like the pit saw in our previous blog entry, this was a two man saw used at a saw pit. It could have been used for cutting the shaped pieces of wood required by the wheelwright. We know that the pit at Gye’s Yard was filled in in 1924, when the forge moved over from Easterton and space was needed for the shoeing shop.