Gladys Windo’s goblet
Easterton village is about a mile from Market Lavington and was formerly part of the parish of Market Lavington and so its history is conserved at Market Lavington Museum.
Gladys Windo was the head teacher at Easterton School from 1933 to 1966. She also served on Easterton’s St Barnabas Church’s Parochial Church Council for 48 years.
The photograph shows the Reverend Ralph Wilkins giving her a present, in 1983, in recognition of her long service. The box contained a goblet, beautifully engraved with a picture of St Barnabas Church.
Miss Windo died in 1988, aged 83, and her goblet is now on display in Market Lavington Museum.