Market Lavington Museum

Going like the clappers


Our recent blog posts have featured the St Mary’s Church bells and their recasting in 1876. From time to time other work has been needed for Keeping the bells ringing and, in 1989, it was deemed necessary to pay some attention to the bell clappers. This was done at Taylor’s Works in Loughborough.

The refurbished clappers and pulley blocks were collected in June 1989 and driven back to Market Lavington.