At Market Lavington Museum, we are extremely grateful to all those photographers, professionals and residents, who have produced images of local people, places and objects over many decades. Their pictures form part of our collections and aid our understanding of the area in times past and present.
Photographs are used in displays within the museum and on our blog entries, shared with our digital visitors. As we move towards reopening in a few months’ time, we require some quality photographs in print and for an updated website.
Please read our job advertisement below and respond within the next few days if you feel able to apply for this work.
Photographer commission for Market Lavington Museum
We are a small volunteer run museum that covers the villages of Market Lavington and Easterton. We have a Board of Trustees and approximately 30 stewards.
The past couple of years have brought the joint challenges of COVID 19 and also of completing necessary building work on the museum building. As a consequence of this the museum has not been open since October 2019 and is unlikely to reopen until May 2022.
The Trustees regard the reopening as an opportunity to engage new audiences and volunteers and to reawaken the involvement of the community. We have received some recovery funding to recruit a digital engagement consultant to support us with the first steps of engaging new online audiences ready for reopening later this year and a new website is in the process of construction. Additional to this we have a budget for the creation of some visual assets to represent the museum online and in print.
The Photographer will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality images of the museum: exterior, interior and some collections
- Include photographs of ‘visitors’ interacting with the space (We will help to get the models)
- Have a photography consent form in place for every individual featured in the images
- Provide high resolution and lower resolution (for web) versions of the images
- Assign Market Lavington Museum with the copyright to use these images for all chosen purposes in perpetuity.
Timeline: Most of the work needs to be completed by 10th March 2022
- Deadline for submission of responses to email@example.com : 4th February 2022
- Initial interview / conversation regarding the work proposed: 7th Feb 2022 pm
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Portfolio of images to be submitted by: 1st April 2022
We welcome an introduction to your work and how you will approach this commission through a short proposal with links to examples of your work and details of previous clients.
Please send this no later than 9th February 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org