The name Burgess features on many postcards and photographs connected to the Market Lavington area. Alf Burgess – Photographer set up his business in 1886. The Photographer’s Children introduces his family and the business was taken over by two of his sons after their father’s death in 1918.
We can see these brothers at work taking wedding photos outside St Mary’s Church, in Market Lavington, in 1948.
George Burgess held the umbrella whilst his brother, Robin, took the photograph.
For more information about Robin and his wife, see Robin and Queenie Burgess.