Market Lavington Village MuseumThe home of the Museum is the Old Schoolmaster's House, built in 1846, which illustrates village life and work mainly from Victorian times to the present day.

Market Lavington has had professional photographers since 1880 and their efforts record every aspect of farms, malting, brick making, transport and gardening as well as highlights of village life.

Such records bring to life the exhibits, including a fine collection of clothes and needlework, which were either made or used locally and which have been preserved by the devoted efforts of people to whom Market Lavington has been home for generations.

The Museum is registered and under the guidance of the Wiltshire County Council Museum Service.

It is run entirely by volunteers and the collection covers all aspects of village life right up to the present time.

Visit our blog site here

Opening Times

May - October, Wed, Sat , Sun and Bank Holidays

2.30 p.m. - 4.30 p.m.

Market Lavington Museum

Church Street

Market Lavington

Sally Reynolds, Secretary 01380 816222

email: lavingtoncurator@gmail.com